Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Life

New Leaves on Sago PalmIt's Saturday.

The looming dark clouds finally brought some much needed rain and ended our yard sale earlier than planned.

Walking past our sago palm, I noticed that it is growing new leaves. Once the rain slowed to a mere drizzle, I decided to snap this photo. At first, I took the photo horizontonally, but didn't feel it captured the budding leaves in the best way possible.
So I turned my camera sideways and was pleased with the lines in the vertical photo. In Picasa, I increased the shadows on it to bring out the green stems at the base of the palm.

Even before today's rain, I've noticed how the water runs down the center of the older leaves to the middle of the plant. What a perfect design! Mother Nature is a great architect.

No comments: