Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shadows in Picasa


On the day I thought I would start this blog, I took this photo. It was on Saturday, April 11, 2009, about noon. We were waiting for the pending rain, which just turned into a few sprinkles for us. Here, my husband is driving my Dad's Ford F350 pick'em up truck about 50 MPH. We began looking at the sky and really liked the way the clouds were forming layers, lines, contours.
So he suggests that I take a photo of it and I do. The original photo, straight of the camera, is the bottom photo, and the sky here resembles a cozy blanket. While it's an OK photo, for going 50 MPH, it didn't quite capture the sky as I remembered it. So, I uploaded it to Picasa and played with the settings. I just increased the Shadow to the final photo that I'm happy with (top photo).


No comments: