Thursday, June 18, 2009

All Bottled Up

Plastic Coca Cola Bottle Filled with Marbles A few years back, my daughter decided that she needed a unique place to store most of her marbles. An old shoe box or plastic bin would not do.

It had to be something different, yet familiar.

She decided on a Coca Cola bottle.

When I saw it, I loved it. I thought it looked great. I took it to work and proudly showed off her creativity, her out-of-the-box thinking.

I brought it home and wanted to take a picture of it, but didn't have the right background for it. Asking my mom for some black material seemed like my best option. So I asked. Luckily for me, she had all kinds of black material on hand, since sewing was once her hobby.

Once I set it up and snapped a few photos, I was really liking how the colors stood out. The only thing that was difficult in photographing this was blocking out most of the glare from the overhead lights from the plastic bottle. I did that by moving the bottle, since moving the lights was absolutely out of the question :)

Now I get to share my daughter's artistic self again, 'cause I still think this looks really cool.

No comments: