Sunday, August 9, 2009

An Hour in Gruene, Texas

Gruene, TX Collage

Friday afternoon, I decided to take a quick trip into the past at Gruene, Texas. Since this was my lunch break, I had a limited amount of time and no control over the amount (the crazy amount) of sunshine (and heat) that was covering the area. Click on the image for a larger view.

Now, some of the best times to head over to Gruene, TX are during Market Days, which are held on the 3rd full weekend of each month, Feb-Nov and the 1st weekend of December. During these days, you can find some unique gift items, handcrafted out of wood or metal and some just unique treasures (and people).

There is also Gruene Hall, which is the oldest dance hall in Texas. It is also the site for one of scenes from John Travolta's movie, Michael. There's no a/c in this place, but lots of cool refreshments can be bought...which lead to some interesting stories. So I hear....

Gruene is a place where you can enjoy wine tasting, homestyle cookin', the Guadalupe River and so much more.

Ever been to Gruene? I'd like to hear from you! Leave me a comment with how far you travelled to get to Gruene.

No comments: