Saturday, August 28, 2010

I ♥ NY

Earlier this month, I was able to visit New York for a few days.
Even though the daytime hours were reserved for work,
I was able to take a few quick shots walking
around the area either prior to or after the event.


New York: Archway with lights

 This one was taken in the morning, before it began to rain lightly. I walked right by it and then
just out of the corner of my eye... I "saw" it.
A photo waiting to be taken.
I only wish that I had taken a step or two back,
so that the full archway could have been included. 

New York: LOVE on the Sidewalk

I spotted LOVE across the street and I had to take it.

Since there were many couples that stopped to take a photo
with LOVE, waited a bit for it to be alone.
While waiting, I saw camera-phones, point and shoots
and DSLRS being used at this one spot.

After waiting about 10 minutes, I was able to
quickly take this photo, while others decided who
was going to be next to have their picture taken.
It wasn't until later that I noticed
that there was a man laying between the V and the E.

New York: One Way Signs

New York is full of skyscrapers and signs.
Even though I was originally looking at
the birds perched atop the signs when I took this photo,
it wasn't until I began this post that I noticed them again.

New York: Busy Sidewalk at Night

I'm going to say it... I love this photo.

It shows the fast pace of New York,
with skyscrapers lit up in the background,
the blurred bus zipping by and the people
walking along a busy street.

There's so much more to ♥ about NY
and hope to visit again with time
to explore more of it.

No comments: