Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fall Colors in Gruene, Texas

These images were taken earlier this
month -- on Nov 18th --
on a day when I had some time
to explore a bit with my camera.

The day was overcast, with gray clouds
completely covering the blue sky.
Water Tower in Gruene, TX

And since it was overcast, I thought it was a
great day to show off the colors of
the leaves that remained on the trees.

Fall Colors in Gruene, TX

I took a short walk down to the water's edge
and from here, you can see how low the
river is compared to the past water lines
that line the roots of the trees.

Water Fowl in Gruene, TX

All the while, this long-legged feathered fowl
was keeping a watch on me...
Even though I kept my distance,
he decided to take a
short flight to the other
end of the sidewalk.

No comments: