Sunday, May 3, 2009

Summer, Already?

Flip-flops on back porchThe presence of flip-flops on our back patio prove that summer is here, even though the calendar won't admit it. I like this photo, 'cause you can still see the "toes" on them, LOL

We all bought flip-flops when we were going to the beach in Corpus Christi a weekend ago...amidst all the swine flu news. The schools around here are closed for another week! They might as well call it "Swine Break 2009".

No fair. I still have to go to work tomorrow.

With what weekend we had left, Brian decided that he wasn't going to let the day slip by without watering the backyard, since we're trying to revive the lawn. So far though, it's just been mainly the weeds that are thriving, grrr.

Putting on a pair of shorts, a white tee and these flip-flops, he inspires me to follow him outside. After inspecting the amount of weeds vs grass growing, I decide to sit in the shade. Apparently, I'm a sitting duck...a perfect target! Even though it's hot and humid outside, I'm still shocked by the cold water on my feet that he shoots my way.

"Feels good, huh?" he says.

"Sure..." I gasp.

Ahh...Summer.

No comments: